Back From Nowhere
Saturday, May 14, 2005
 
Road to Health Paved by Cardiologist
I am really lucky to have listened to the obvious signs in my body that something was wrong. My Doc keeps thanking me for coming in Thursday when I did. I thought I was being a Hypochondriac he did an EKG and admitted me to the hospital for an Angioplasty procedure right away.

Today the Angioplasty went really well and I hope to get back to my normal cardio fun on inline speed skates in a week. I am glad they won't be opening my chest and I should be able to start slowly training for my second St Paul Inline Marathon in August. I am really excited to see how much this helps because I knew some thing was wrong when I couldn't keep up with a bunch of friends training a couple weeks ago. I had one heart muscle feeding artery that was 99% blocked now with the stint the surgeon placed it is like new with no muscle damage. No more steaks and cheese burgers for me.

I'm about to sleep better tonight at LDS Hospital former home to the worlds first artificial heart recipient Barney Clark and the worlds best Cardiac unit.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Target heart rate calculator Body mass index calculator What Is The Secret Powered by Blogger