Back From Nowhere
Sunday, January 09, 2005
 
The Center of the Middle
It lies there right in the middle of your chest lurking waiting to attack. Hey doc when I just started my skate workout after only 400 yards it suddenly felt like my lungs were on fire. Is this a heart attack?
"Do you have any heart attacks in your family history?"
Well no.
"Did anybody have reflux?"
Yea my dad took Tagament for years. That's HEARTBURN! I'm thinking I've never felt that before when he tells me that it's in my genes and with strict diet controll and the right medication I should be able to continue skating in a few weeks but for now stop any cardio excercise to keep from further damage to my esophagus. Ok , just shoot me now.

Diet-Guess what boys and girls you just can't eat and drink whatever you feel like. I know that is news to many of you because three years ago when I weighed 225 pounds with a body mass index of 33 I was obese. Every day I started counting the number of morbidly obese people, 100 lbs or more overweight, I saw through the course of my work day. After several days of reaching 25 by noon I'm so depressed that I need to sit down and have some comfort food at lunch. So into a fast food restuarant I go and count numbers 26, 27, and 28 standing behind the counter taking orders. You know hip shelves that would hold a six pack. Speechless is good when standing at that counter I've never felt less hungry in a moment. I went to a grocery store bought a cup of soup and an orange. A diet is not a temporary plan your diet is your life.

The reflux is not in controll I am not skating. Ok, don't shoot me yet.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Target heart rate calculator Body mass index calculator What Is The Secret Powered by Blogger